PhysiotherapistsPhysiotherapists n.sutherland@m… Tue, 05/25/2021 - 11:21
We do this by:
- Creating elearning resources
- Open-TACT - online neuromuscular physiotherapy resources hub
- Updating physiotherapists on the latest information about muscle-wasting conditions
- Holding training events - MDUK hosts quarterly neuromuscular physiotherapists webinars to help physiotherapists, from specialists to no experience, to better support people with a neuromuscular condition.
Join our physiotherapists network to access this support and link in with other physiotherapists in the UK by emailing our Policy team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult physiotherapy elearning moduleAdult physiotherapy elearning module n.sutherland@m… Tue, 05/25/2021 - 11:28
The purpose of the module is to provide helpful information for community or neuro-physiotherapists to build a foundation of knowledge and skills around the management of muscle-wasting conditions in adults.
The module focuses on 11 short topics that develop critical understanding of the management of muscle-wasting conditions. The topic areas, which include four core topics and seven optional topics, are:
- overview of neuromuscular conditions (core topic)
- pathology and presentation of neuromuscular conditions (core topic)
- assessment and outcome measures (core topic)
- exercise (core topic)
- orthotic management
- respiratory management
- contracture management
- postural management
- wheelchairs and mobility
The module allows you to decide which topics you wish to complete. If you complete the core topics plus two optional topics, you will be able to request a certificate for your CPD file.
Accessing the module
You can sign up and take the physiotherapy e-learning module for free via this link.
SMA reach ukSMA reach uk n.sutherland@m… Tue, 05/25/2021 - 11:31
The project which is funded by Muscular Dystrophy UK alongside partner SMA charities will ensure high quality data is inputted into a new database available to all neuromuscular teams in the UK who see patients with spinal muscular atrophy.
Below are some helpful resources for physiotherapists seeing people with spinal muscular atrophy:
More information on SMA REACH UK can be found on its website.