Use this time of year to get together and raise funds to help MDUK to be here for every adult and child in the UK who lives with a muscle-wasting condition. You could celebrate you’re your community, friends and family by hosting a sing-along, challenging them to a quiz, or hosting a party. Children’s poet, Clare Bevan, has hosted a ‘poems and pies’ afternoon in Crowthorne every year since 1985.
About 50 people come together to hear Clare and others read their own and other traditional poems, and to enjoy chocolate roll and mince pies.
After running this event for 36 years, Clare has some top tips for you:
- An event like this is popular with families, so why not build a regular festive event like this?
- Everyone looks forward to dressing up in Christmas outfits, so make that a feature of the afternoon.
- Invite people to recite the poems – they really enjoy taking turns.
You can read more about Clare’s popular poems and pies afternoons here
So decide what you’d like to do, make use of our helpful fundraising guide and get going with your festive fundraising. #BeFestive like Clare and do something together for MDUK.
How to take part
- Decide on an event to bring together your friends, family and community.
- Sign up here, and we’ll send you helpful hints and tips. We’ll support you in all your festive fundraising.
- Plan and promote your event.
- Take lots of pictures on the day and share them on social media. Use #BeFestive, tag MDUK and join in the fun.
- #BeFestive and have the best time!