Every year, more than 55,000 runners come from across the globe to take on the Great North Run, the world’s largest, most prestigious half-marathon. 2021 will the Great North Run’s 40th anniversary and promises to be bigger and better than ever before – you won’t want to miss it!
This iconic race has a hard to beat atmosphere. Thousands of people line the streets to come along and support from the start in the heart of Newcastle all the way to the finish along the seafront in South Shields.
Perks of the challenge
By signing up with #TeamOrange, we offer you a pre- and post-race support package to cater for your every need!
- a detailed welcome pack along with regular support and advice from our experienced team
- access to training tips, information on injury prevention and race nutrition
- a ‘stand out from the crowd!’ bright orange running vest
- access to our Great North Run Facebook Group where you can join our running community and share stories with past and current runners
- support from our fantastically LOUD cheer squad at mile 12 as you take on the iconic last stretch of the route overlooking the stunning sea views in South Shields
- an invite to our exclusive post-race reception in the charity village where you will receive a hero’s welcome, plenty of refreshments to re-fuel and the opportunity for a much-needed (and well earned!) sports massage!
If you have any questions about taking on the Great North Run please do get in touch and email the MDUK Events Team.
Register today and secure your place in the world's largest half-marathon!